Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hundreds of Reasons to Stockpile...

I think
couponing is a much easier concept to absorb, and shows quicker results, than stockpiling. But, keep in mind that it's the combination of the two that compounds your savings and reduces your monthly grocery bill.

If you're just starting out on this new venture, do not be discouraged if everything doesn't come together all at once. It will take time to build up your stockpile. Don't break your grocery budget. Slowly add to the things you buy and use all the time. Before you know it, you'll have everything you need. We had a great sale week last week and a slow sale week this week. The slow weeks really reinforce the stockpiling creed!


As I shopped the aisles today, I couldn't believe the lack of deals this week. At
Meijer, it seemed that if it didn't have Meijer logo on it, it wasn't on sale.

Which brings me to stockpiling:

Reason#455: Luckily, because I have my stockpile to rely on, I don't have to buy anything that's not on sale. I picked up a few items that I needed, like milk ($1 half gal at Kroger), lettuce...
I can wait until next week for the really great deals.

Reason#456: Snow and Ice!

Look for 4 inserts in this Sunday's paper. Based on the coupon tracker history, there should be a
Valassis, Smart Source, P&G and one other.

Let us know if you found a great coupon deal this week!
- Bonnie

No comments: