Sunday, February 1, 2009

Deals I found this week 2/1 through 2/7:

First I went to CVS, where I ran into Bonnie and her mom, a true Cheap Chick in-training! I was going to get:
20 count Electrosol Tablets $2.99 (-$2.50 mq) .49 oop
but they were sold out. So, raincheck for me-- which as you know is sometimes better than the product.

Then I went to FAMILY DOLLAR.
Now, this is not one of my usual stops but they issued a $5 off/$25 coupon in their circular this week, and I saw some deals on cleaning supplies. The circular was rolled up with some other papers and thrown on your driveway this weekend. The coupon is worth digging out of the recycling bin if you did not take a look.
I bought:
2 boxes Glad gallon size storage bags $2 (BOGO q) $1 each
4 cans Airwick spray $1 each (B2G2 q) .50 each
3 tubs Lysol wipes $2.50 each ($1 mq) $1.50 each
4 bottles Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner $2.25 each ($1 mq) $1.25 each
$5 off $25 coupon

OOP: <$10 for all those cleaning supplies
Last for me was Walgreens to buy:

Kelloggs Pop Tarts sale price 2/$3 ($1 mq) $1 each box -- not as good as free, but a decent price
Jiff cornbread and muffin mix for .50/box

I am wondering what Bonnie found this week !

- Jen Chick



Hey there Jen, Hi everyone,

I haven't done my grocery shopping for the week yet Jen, but I will check back in, to let you know if I find any can't miss items! I too found the shelves bare for the CVS deals I was looking for. Apparently, it's the EXTREMELY Early Bird that get's the worm. The average Early Bird gets - the Rain Check!

I did want to let you all know of some pretty cool deals:

Office Max this week: Sharpie Markers -
2
5packs for $5 (normally$5.49 each)
AND get a mini assorted color Sharpie 12 pack or retractable color
8 pack for
FREE with any $5 Sharpie purchase!!

If you love Sharpies like I do, you can't pass this up! They make great teacher gifts - add a note that says: "We think you're sharp!" (save them for next Christmas!)

Check out this website:
http://www.shop4freebies.com - sign up for their email list.
Each day they will remind you to check out their web site to see what the
FREE offers of the day are. I wanted to make sure it was good enough to share with you, so I have been doing it for a month now. My first product that I requested was sample of Rachel Ray's new dog food. I just received it this weekend and I can't wait to see what's in the mail box today! All they require is your name, address, email... it's really simple. And, if you create a "couponing email" (a great tip from a fellow Cheap Chick at our Jan. 24th class) any extra mail can easily be managed that way.

Denny's Restaurant:
FREE Grand Slam Breakfast at Denny's Restaurant Tuesday, February 3rd from 6am through 2pm.

Red Box Movie Rentals:
Sign up to Red Box at http://www.redbox.com and recieve a FREE movie rental. It's so easy to do! I tried it this weekend and I've rented 3 more movies since all for the great price of $1 each. Also, they will send you emails with codes for FREE rentals and specials.

New internet printable coupons are out for February at Coupons.com and other IP sites (see our listing on the side bar). A lot of them give you higher discounts than you find in Sunday's paper. If you find a coupon for a product you like and already use, print several (or as many as they allow) so you can stock up!

Have a great shopping week. Share your great finds with us! We're looking forward to hearing from you!

- Bonnie Chick

No comments: